I know I’m not the only person out there who can be in the middle of a workout or a run, feeling tired and a bit lethargic, and then the right song comes on and muscles re-engage, pace and energy pick up – and you feel like you can take on anything. The marketers at Nike have even added “Powersongs” to their Nike+ app, which I really enjoy, so the fact that music can fuel a great workout must be a universal truth.
There are a lot of “off the shelf” workout mixes you can buy, but from my perspective they tend to be a bit cliche and contrived. I’d rather hear what songs fire you up while training, so that I can sample them and possibly add them to my workout routine.
Here are a few songs that are currently moving up the charts on my “powersong” list:
- Titanium (David Guetta & Sia)
- In My Dreams (The Fling)
- So Good (B.o.B.)
- ‘Til I Collapse (EMINEM, feat. Nate Dogg)
- You Make Me Feel (Cobra Starship, feat. Sabi)
- My Delerium (Ladyhawke)
- Wild One (Florida, feat Sia)
- Feel So Close (Calvin Harris)
- Talk That Talk (Rihanna feat Jay-Z)
- Sweat (David Guetta & Snoop Dogg)
Here are a few of my favorite all time powersongs (all good for at least one more mile):
- Coming Home (Diddy Ditry Money & Skylar Grey)
- Don’t Go Away (Oasis)
- Fire Burning (Sean Kingston)
- Ghetto Gospel (2Pac & Elton John)
- I Miss You (Blink 182)
- Lose Yourself (EMINEM)
- Stronger (Kelly Clarkson)
- 1901 (Phoenix)
All are available on Amazon and iTunes, so feel free to give them a listen. I’d love to hear what songs have been keeping you going, so post a comment with a few of your favorite workout tunes! Or, if you’re a bit shy, how about 1 song that I should consider adding to my Powersong list?
Small steps add up!