Grew up a video game junkie and love this entry, so I had to reblog…
Sticking to a good-health-plan involves a lot of management skills, a surprising amount of which can be learned from video games.
Here are a few gamer rules that we apply to our own diet:
- Primary goals should be hierarchical, planned, and rewards unto themselves.
- Secondary goals should be unexpected and celebrated.
- Cheats should be limited, earned, and saved till needed.
- Know your arsenal.
- When you have to restart a level, it doesn’t diminish your chances of success.
- Play with the expectation that life will interrupt.
- Don’t get into gamer-wars or become a game-missionary, or you’ll quickly lose friends.
Primary goals should be hierarchical, planned, and rewards unto themselves.
Make a list of primary goals, which are goals that are rewards upon themselves. Put them in order and remind yourself that achievements are won in steps! An example would be: (1) Eat only the required amount of calories every day for…
View original post 404 more words