I know running tends to be one of those things that people are drawn to and love from a fitness perspective, or it’s one of those things people really loathe. I personally love it, and just can’t find anything that replicates burn, sweat and meditative aspect of a a good run. For those of you who are on the like/love side of the continuum, you have to love the “Running Etiquette: The 10 Commandments” article posted to TheGuardian recently.
I’ll let you read the detail in their article for yourself, but a quick summary follows.
The 10 Commandments (of Running Etiquette):
- Thou shalt nod “hello”
- Thou shalt commute considerately
- Thou shalt not flaunt your phlegm
- Thou shalt share the path
- Thou shalt dress with dignity
- Thou shalt not litter
- Thou shalt be realistic on race day
- Thou shalt have a bit of commonsense
- Thou shalt say “thank you” to marshals
- Thou shalt not take yourself too seriously
I love them and agree with all. Hilarious and true. Particularly a fan of numbers 1, 3, 5, and 7.
Small steps add up!!!