Aspirin, banana, berries, berry, Blue, breakfast, brush, cherries, cherry, coffee, crunch, depression, diet, E, exercise, Fish, fitness, health, kur, Longevity, marriage, men's, nutrition, pasta, posture, sauce, small, steps, Super, teeth, tomato, vitamin, volunteer, women
Just ready a brief snippet via slide-show called “20 Little Changes for a Healthier Life” provided by Men’s Health. Clearly this piece was put together with smallsteps2health in mind, so I had to re-post it. I’ll let you view the slideshow for yourself, but here’s a summary of the recommended changes:
- Go Fishing Once Per Week (aka at least 1 serving of fish 1/week)
- Dry Brush Your Teeth (or at minimum, brush and floss daily)
- Never Skip Breakfast
- Eat More Pasta (This one’s a trick. The real advice centers around the health benefits of eating tomato sauce 2x/week… e.g. reduced risk of prostate cancer. Here’s the deal, tomatoes are a super food, and strangely one of the only super-foods that’s better for you after it’s broken down. Thus, you don’t really need to pasta to eat more tomatoes or tomato sauce.)
- Judge cholesterol with contact lenses (interesting)
- Decorate your plate (dark, rich colors tend to be better for you, particularly in the veggie category).
- Protect Your Erection With Blueberries (How much did the blueberry farmers pay to have this one added?)
- Request the Chilean Red
- Lend a Hand (purpose and happiness are correlated with longevity — give back and pay it forward).
- Crunch Away Back Pain (and if you’re up to it, go for super-crunches).
- Order Thin Crust Pizza (a simple, lower calorie substitution).
- Skip that Second Cup (of coffee – difficult one for me)
- Save Your Marriage (a noble cause that is good for you)
- Exercise Your Depression Away (Endorphins are great anti-depressants)
- Fall Asleep With Cherries (who knew?)
- Put a Shoe On Your Pillow (to test it’s support)
- Kur Your Fatigue (very interesting)
- Raise Your Rear View (Mirror – to help your posture)
- Take Vitamin E and Aspirin Daily
- Have A Banana (Maybe the perfect food for the human body)
So a list of potential small steps to consider and all in the spirit of linking a number of good decisions daily, to achieve better health. Hopefully, there are at least one or two here that you can add to your repertoire.
Small steps add up!!!