There’s a great article on YahooHealth! titled “11 Workouts That Burn More Calories Than Jogging.” The list is impressive and reminds me of the great options available to burn a few more calories to stay fit. I love a great run, and when I can’t, I get frustrated and find myself trying to work a plan that will allow me to get my legs and body moving. However, a few of these are pretty awesome. I’ll let you check out the article for yourself, but here’s a snapshot of the list.
- Cycling (I like it, but it just doesn’t do it for me like a good run)
- Jet Skiing (I’d be all over this if I lived on a lake, river, or at a resort where they were readily available)
- Walking Uphill With A Load (Love this one – – Thanks Tough Mudder!)
- In-Line Skating (Remember the ’90s?)
- Dancing (yes!)
- Rock Climbing (would love to do this more)
- Jumping Rope (brutal in a good way)
- Rowing (quick and painful burn)
- Boxing (a fast way to realize what cardio really means)
- Swimming (I prefer surfing)
- Running Stairs (kind of a cheat off the “jogging title”, but a great workout)
The motto? Get moving and find a way to burn more calories.
Small steps add up!!!